Assistant Project Manager
- Responsible for assisting the lead Project Manager and/or Senior Project Manager during the entire architectural project on a day-to-day basis from the Schematic Design/Conception phase through to Design Development, Construction Drawings, Bidding/Contract Negotiation, Construction Administration and Closeout phases.
- These functions are performed under the direct supervision of a Project Manager, Senior Project Manager and/or Principal-in-Charge.
- Performs these functions in various capacities across multiple architectural projects at any one time, during any one of the aforementioned project phases.
- 5-year Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (BArch) or a 4-year Bachelor of Science in Architecture Degree from an Accredited College or University.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience under the direct supervision of a Registered Architect. NYS Architectural Registration/Licensure is not required.
- Enrollment in NCARB’s Intern Development Program, is strongly encouraged and will be supported by the firm.
- Possess strong computer knowledge of CAD-based systems (Autodesk Architecture 2019 preferred), Revit, Microsoft Windows-based systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.); 3-D modeling experience preferred, but not required.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills among the project team. Some interaction between consultants and client representatives may occur.
- Ability to travel to and from the firm by automobile to attend project site meetings/surveys.
- Good multi-tasking and time management skills.
Must proficiently serve in the following capacities throughout the architectural project:
- Possess a working knowledge of federal, state and local building administrative and energy codes relating to various building projects while understanding how to implement local and NYC zoning regulations as applicable to solve the architectural design concept.
- Assist in the field measuring survey of existing spaces and structures under the direct supervision of a Project Manager and/or Principal-in-Charge.
- Assist the Project Manager in inputting field survey notes/dimensions to create accurate floor plan background drawings.
- Assist Project Manager in setting up project folders/files; Scanning & Plotting, as required.
- Working knowledge of modern architectural / construction means and methods; and the ability to sufficiently detail these systems.
- Satisfactory understanding of Construction Drawing/Detailing of various building systems. Healthcare experience is not required but is considered a major “plus”.
- Ability to recognize architectural design problems and advise the Project Management team of any issues that deviate from the program goals/ timelines.
- Conscientiousness towards established project budgets.
- Goal oriented and focused attention to detail.
- Satisfactory understanding of MEP, Structural and Site/Civil Engineering trades, while understanding the impact that these trades may have on the architectural design concept.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Assist the Project Lead (Project Manager, Sr. Project Manager and/or Principal-in-Charge) in developing design and construction documents for bidding and construction.
- Assist the Project Lead (Project Manager, Sr. Project Manager and/or Principal-in-Charge) during the Construction Administration Phase. Specific responsibilities during this phase include: transfer of Project Manager’s review comments to shop drawings & submittals; transmittance of such submittals/shop drawings.
- Ability to work independently and under the supervision of a Project Manager/Principal-in-Charge.
- Ability to recognize and develop personal time management skills while having the ability to prioritize assigned tasks and advise Project Manager/Principal-in-Charge of any deviations to project timelines and milestones.
- Display leadership over Architectural Interns and Job Captains by overseeing training and implementation of JWB office drafting standards; providing mentorship and assistance in solving technical related issues that may arise.
- Committed to meeting project deadlines and milestones while understanding his/her role as part of the project team.
- Demonstrate ability to generally coordinate structural, MEP and Civil Engineering drawings with Architectural contract documents.
- Strong research skills and the ability to generally develop project specifications for multiple projects.
- Some experience with building agency filings (preparation of applications, responses to agency objections).
- Basic schematic design/space planning and programming skills.
- Must hold a valid NYS driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time (a standard work day) and ambulate around a traditional office environment