- Work closely with internal and extended project team to create design and construction documents.
- Work closely with all levels of staff and management.
- Minimum 3rd Year Student, working towards a 5-year Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (BArch) or a 4-year Bachelor of Science in Architecture Degree from an Accredited College or University.
- Any previous work experience under the direct supervision of a Registered Architect is considered a plus.
- Enrollment in NCARB’s Intern Development Program, is strongly encouraged and will be supported by the firm.
- Possess basic computer knowledge of CAD-based systems (Autodesk Architecture 2019 preferred), Revit, Microsoft Windows-based systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.); 3-D modeling experience preferred, but not required.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills among the project team. Limited interaction between consultants and client representatives may occur.
- Ability to travel to and from the firm to attend project site meetings/surveys is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design environment.
- Basic understanding of Construction Drawings. Healthcare experience is not required.
- Displays conscientiousness towards established project timelines and/or milestones.
- Ability to work independently and under the supervision of the Project Lead.
- Basic understanding of modern architectural / construction means and methods; and the ability to outline details of these systems.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 16 hours during the school year and full-time during the summer.
Must proficiently serve in the following capacities throughout the architectural project:
- Assist the Project Lead (Asst. PM, PM and/or Project Architect) in developing design and construction documents for bidding and construction.
- Assist the Project Lead with field measuring of existing spaces and structures.
- Assist the Project Lead in inputting field survey notes/dimensions to create accurate floor plan background drawings.
- Assist Project Lead in setting up project folders/files; Scanning & Plotting, as required.
- Provide support for any tasks required for the successful completion of the project.
- Assist the Project Lead during the Construction Administration Phase, developing field sketches or drawings as required to serve the Project.
- Must hold a valid NYS driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time (a standard work day) and ambulate around a traditional office environment.