- Work closely with internal and extended project team to create design and construction documents.
- Work closely with all levels of staff and management.
- Recent graduate, holding a 5-year Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (BArch) or a 4-year Bachelor of Science in Architecture Degree from an Accredited College or University.
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience under the direct supervision of a Registered Architect.
- Enrollment in NCARB’s Intern Development Program, is strongly encouraged and will be supported by the firm.
- Possess basic computer knowledge of CAD-based systems (Autodesk Architecture 2019 preferred), Revit, Microsoft Windows-based systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.); 3-D modeling experience preferred, but not required.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills among the project team. Limited interaction between consultants and client representatives may occur.
- Ability to travel to and from the firm to attend project site meetings/surveys is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced design environment.
- Basic understanding of Construction Drawing/Detailing of various building systems. Healthcare experience is not required.
- Displays conscientiousness towards established project timelines and/or milestones. Ability to multi-task and manage one’s own workload efficiently.
- Ability to work independently and under the supervision of the Project Lead. Seek to be a problem solver and critical thinker, however, encouraged to ask questions for assistance in complex situations.
- Possess a basic understanding of modern architectural / construction means and methods; and the ability to detail these systems effectively.
- Basic Understanding of Building and Zoning Codes.
- Basic Understanding of Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical Systems.
- Good research skills with an ability to develop outline Specifications.
Must proficiently serve in the following capacities throughout the architectural project:
- Assist the Project Lead by drafting CAD drawings based on schematic design sketches & conceptual diagrams.
- May be required to prepare presentation drawings and/or 3D renderings, as needed.
- Assist the Project Lead (Asst. PM, PM and/or Project Architect) in developing design and construction documents for biding and construction.
- Assist the Project Lead with field measuring of existing spaces and structures.
- Assist the Project Lead in inputting field survey notes/dimensions to create accurate floor plan background drawings.
- Assist Project Lead in setting up new project folders/files; Scanning & Plotting, as required.
- Provide support for any tasks required for the successful completion of the project. Includes but not limited to, research of products and materials, batch plotting and coordination of bidding sets, formatting of specifications manuals, etc.
- Assist the Project Lead during the Construction Administration Phase, developing field sketches or drawings as required to serve the Project; receiving and transmitting Submittals and Shop Drawings to appropriate parties.
- Assist in the training of architectural Interns and implementation of JWB office drafting standards;
- Oversee the intern’s productivity and advising them as needed to properly complete their assigned tasks according to project expectations and JWB standards.
- Must hold a valid NYS driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time (a standard work day) and ambulate around a traditional office environment.